How To Clean Levoit Air Purifier – Step by Step Guide
In this article, we will discuss; how to clean the Levoit air purifier.
Cleaning an air purifier might seem like a simple matter, but it requires a lot of attention to detail. Make sure you follow the directions carefully. When you don’t know what you are doing, you may end up making a mess. The method Levoit recommends for cleaning its air-purifiers is the same for many of their models. In this blog, we will share tips and tricks on; how to clean a Levoit air purifier.
How to clean a Levoit air purifier?
Following are the steps you need to take to clean a Levoit air purifier properly.
Step 1: Clean the air purifier’s outside surface
First, clean the outside of the air purifier. To do so;
- Make sure that your device is turned off before you start cleaning.
- Clean the air purifier with a damp cloth, wipe it off with a soft hand, and dry it right away. Chemicals that are abrasive or that are flammable should not be used as cleaning agents.
Step 2: Cleaning the inside of the air purifier
Before beginning the cleaning process it is crucial to know whether the Levoit air purifier has washable filters or non-washable filters. In the case of non-washable filters, it is recommended that the pre-filters be cleaned every two to four weeks to extend the life of the air purifier.
Levoit air purifier; How to clean its pre-filter?
- Remove the air purifier’s cover carefully after it has been turned off.
- There will be a pre-filter inside. Take it out and use a vacuum cleaning hose to clean out any dust it may contain.
- With the help of a soft brush, gently toss the filter and remove the dust particles. As a result, dust, hair, and large dust particles will be removed from the pre-filter.
- After that, you have to put the filter back in carefully and put the cover back on.
- Pre-filters must be dried thoroughly before using since moisture can affect HEPA filters.
How to Clean Levoit air purifier’s HEPA filter?
- The HEPA combination filter should not be cleaned because pollutants could be returned into the air when you attempt cleaning, resulting in permanent damage to the filter. It is best to clean just the pre-filter.
Step 3: Cleaning the Air Quality Sensor on Levoit
Dust can clog not just the filters, but the air quality sensor as well, which reduces the performance of the system. Hence, this part must also be cleaned. You can do so by following these steps;
- Remove the air quality sensor’ cover so you can access it.
- Clean the sensor lens using a cotton swab.
- With a dry cotton swab, dry out the lens thoroughly.
- The sensor can then be closed up once the cleaning is complete.
Your device will again start cleaning the air.
Note: The air quality determines how frequently these filters should be replaced. When the quality of the air in your area is low, you probably need to replace the filter every 3 to 6 months.
Check Out This Video On Youtube On How To Clean The Levoit Air Purifier
Follow these steps for replacing the filter on your Levoit air purifier:
- Disconnect your air purifier from the power source. Remove your air purifier’s filter cover.
- Take out the old filter.
- Make sure you clean the inside of the housing.
- Take the new filter out of the packaging and place it in the housing. Be sure that the pull tabs are facing out.
- Place the filter cover on the housing.
- Then, turn on your air purifier. Then, hold the filter indicator button for 3 seconds and then the air purifier will be reset.
- After the reset is complete, the light on the filter reset button will be turned off.
The meaning of light colors on the Levoit air purifier:
Each time your Levoit air purifier is turned on, it takes five to thirty seconds to determine the quality of the air. Air quality rings are displayed on the LED display of all Levoit air purifiers. The air quality is displayed by an automatic sensor, which detects airborne particles. The rings will change color depending on the air quality.
- Red Light on the Levoit air purifier indicates bad air quality, so high fan speed will be used to effectively clean the air.
- The yellow or orange light means the air quality is moderate and the fan speed should be on a medium setting.
- The green light indicates that the air quality is good, and the fan speed should be set to low.
- Blue light indicates very good air quality, so the fan will be in sleep mode because there is no air contamination to remove.
Levoit Air Purifier; Red Light Reset:
On your Levoit air filter, a red light turns on automatically. It is an automatic check filter light that turns on at regular intervals. You must reset it so that it can continue monitoring the air filter and alert you at the end of each interval.
1- How often to clean the Levoit air purifier?
To extend the life of your air purifier, you need to clean its pre-filter every two to four weeks. Remove large particles, hair, and dust from the pre-filter by using a soft brush or vacuum hose. Moreover, never use water or other liquids to clean the filter.
2- How long do air purifiers last?
In general, an air purifier lasts between two and five years, depending on a number of factors. Factors such as the amount of air pollution your unit tolerates throughout the day, as well as regular maintenance, can contribute to these effects.
3- Is it possible to leave the Levoit air purifier on constantly?
Yes, you can leave your air purifier on all day long. However, it is important you clean the filters about every month. Dust and allergens can accumulate in the filters if they are not properly cleaned.
If you are searching for the best air purifier for your home, Levoit is among the top choices. You must maintain your unit regularly if you want it to last as long as possible. For this, you should change the filters regularly as recommended by the manufacturer. Moreover, the filters should also be cleaned regularly. In this article, we have provided you with some tips on how you can clean the air purifier effectively.
Thanks for reading our article; How to clean the Levoit Air Purifier. If you follow this guide, you will have a clean purifier that will last longer and keep you healthier.
Best Deals on Amazon
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Allergies
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier
Check Out WhatFans Other Air Purifier Reviews below –
Last update on 2022-05-15 at 17:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API